Checkout what Super Eagles captain Mikel was spotted doing with children in Lagos (photos)

Checkout what Super Eagles captain Mikel was spotted doing with children in Lagos (photos)

Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel has re-launched his foundation to discover talents across Africa as reported by Pulse.

The 31-year-old, who currently plays for Chinese Super League side Tianjin TEDA was part of the underage program in the country.

And has decided to give back to the society that gave him the platform to excel in the world of football where he has won domestic and continental titles.

The former Chelsea star held a football clinic with about 150 boys and girls at the Children's International School, Lekki between the ages of three and fifteen years.

The clinic which was held in Lagos on Sunday, November 25, will afford the youngsters the chance to receive first hand coaching.

Mikel first launched the charity home in the 2012, and six years later has reintroducing the foundation to discover young sporting talents.

The kids from the Little Tigers Football Club also got enjoy the privilege of having a kick-about with the former Chelsea midfielder.

"My foundation is about the kids, I'm giving back to the community, to Nigeria, home is where it all started for me and I will always want to give back to Nigeria, " Mikel said at the football clinic.

"I want to get it right this time. It's been there and I think now is the right time to come out and do it properly.

"This is the time, this is the right time to do things for kids and not we have enough to make sure it is successful. "

Mikel broke into the Super Eagles first team in 2006 and has scored six times in 85 appearances for the country.

He was a part of the squad who won the 2013 African Nations Cup title in South Africa but has not featured for Nigeria since they crashed out of the World Cup in Russia.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...