Guardiola reveals why England has toughest league

Guardiola reveals why England has toughest league

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has said the Premier League is the toughest in the world.

Guardiola also feels the unpredictability of the Premier League has made him a better manager than he was in Spain or Germany.

The Spaniard is in his third season at The Etihad and led City to the Premier League title with a record 100 points last season.

Guardiola delivered three La Liga titles and two Champions League trophies with Barcelona, before leading Bayern Munich to three consecutive Bundesliga titles during his three years in Germany.

But the 47-year-old believes his managerial skills have improved further since coming to England.

"I am a better manager than I was in Germany, and I am a better manager now than I was in Barcelona by far, just for the fact of being there.

"Now, I feel being here I am a better manager too because I learned to handle this incredible league in many circumstances," he said at the Peers Annual Lecture at Liverpool University on Wednesday.

Asked for his views on how the Premier League rated to other domestic competitions, Guardiola feels England's top flight is the "most unpredictable".

"It is the toughest one, for the amount of games, for the weather and the referees saying: 'play (on), play (on), play (on)' and the competitors, there are many. It is the only country that five or six [teams] can win the Premier League," he added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...