Mo Salah tweets touching apology to little girl after netting late winner for Egypt against Tunisia

Mo Salah tweets touching apology to little girl after netting late winner for Egypt against Tunisia

Liverpool star Mohamed Salah scored a late winner on Friday, November 16, to hand Egypt a 3-2 victory over Tunisia in a tough Africa Cup of Nations qualification tie played at the Borg El Arab Stadium in Alexandria.

Salah linked up brilliantly with Mohsen, with the Liverpool star slotting past Farouk Ben Mustapha with ease after the ball came into his path.

However, a little girl who was spotted during the match holding a sign in the 36th minute stole the show during the five-goal thriller.

A twitter user, Nadine Meshref, shared a moving image of the girl clutching a sign begging Salah to score early so she could go home and do her homework.

"Salah, please score. I want to go home, I have homework," the signage said.

The viral photo prompted the Liverpool forward to offer an apology to the little girl for failing to score early.

The 26-year-old took to Twitter to respond to Mishref's tweet, to say sorry for not fulfilling the girl's request much earlier.

"I really tried to let you go home early, and sorry to have kept you here until the last minute," he tweeted.
"I hope your teacher tomorrow understands the situation," he added.

The former Roma and Chelsea star has played an integral part in his country's campaign for the qualification of the Africa Cup of Nations to be hosted in Cameroon next year.

During the Friday clash, Naim Sliti opened the scoring for Tunisia in the 11th minute but Kasimpasa winger Mahmoud Trezeguet ensured both sides headed level to half-time with his 32nd-minute effort.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...