Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola spotted in prison

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola spotted in prison

There is no Premier League games this weekend due to international games, and Guadiola used the opportunity to meet the jailed leaders at Lledoners Prison just outside Barcelona.

Jordi Cuixart who is a cultural activist facing up to 17 years in jail over a challenge to Spain's central government took to social media to announce Guardiola's visit.

''Thank you Pep Guardiola for showing the prisoners at Lledoners that leadership is also social commitment and solidarity, and for reminding us that teamwork has no limits. Infinitely grateful,''
Cuixart tweeted.

Pep Guardiola also met former Catalan government vice-president Oriol Junqueras who state prosecutors want imprisoned for 25 years on a charge of rebellion.

Earlier this month, Pep Guardiola admitted that he feared he could have been jailed for his protests following the independence referendum.

"What disappoints me is that these people are still a prison a year later and they were accused of something they didn't do.

"If they're still there I could be too. There are people who have been wrongly imprisoned for more than a year.

"They're not politicians, they just expressed their opinions. That's why I support them with the ribbon,'' Guardiola explained according to UK Mirror.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...