Meet Italy's legend who is now a DJ after retiring from football (photos)

The 45-year-old Italian was even once the world's most expensive football star when he completed a £32m move from Lazio to Inter Milan.

And up till today, the former Torino striker holds the record for most goals for Italy scoring 23 goals in 49 appearances for the national team.

He also jointly holds the records of most goals for Italy in the World Cup scoring nine.

But after retiring in 2009, Vieri moved to Miami where he starred in Italian movie Picasso's Face as Ivan Drago of Rocky fame.

He became a pundit for beIN Sports and launched his own charity beach football tournament called the Bobo Summer Cup and has two fashion labels.

But now at the age of 45, Christian Vieri has ventured in the world of music as he is now a DJ and hopes his names will invites fans to the dance floor.

Vieri is now getting booked to play around Italy's top clubs and is getting calls all over Europe.

"My friend Andrea, who worked at clubs in Italy for most of his life, had always wanted to DJ together.

"I used to always say no to him, because I didn't think it was the right time. Last summer I spoke with him again and said let's try and do something.

"I was inspired after I went to Ibiza with my girlfriend to the Ushuaia club and saw DJ Andrea Oliva,'' Vieri explained to SunSport.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...