Hartson names one player that'll help Arsenal finish top four this season

Hartson names one player that'll help Arsenal finish top four this season

Former Arsenal player, John Hartson, said the club will push for a Premier League top four spot under their new manager, Unai Emery this season.

Hartson also named Allexandre Lacazette as one player that will help the Gunners achieve the feat.

Arsenal are currently on a 15-game unbeaten run heading into their Premier League clash with Wolves on Sunday.

The Gunners are also fifth on the Premier League table, six points behind leaders Manchester City.

Hartson told BT Sports Arsenal to secure a Champions League spot this season, claiming Alexandre Lacazette could be the key.

When asked whether Emery will focus on the Europa League instead of top four, Hartson exclusively told Express Sport: "You could say that for last season because Arsenal flew through the group stages last year.

The Gunners are also fifth on the Premier League table, six points behind leaders Manchester City.

Hartson told BT Sports Arsenal to secure a Champions League spot this season, claiming Alexandre Lacazette could be the key.

When asked whether Emery will focus on the Europa League instead of top four, Hartson exclusively told Express Sport: "You could say that for last season because Arsenal flew through the group stages last year.

"It was unfortunate they came up against Atletico Madrid. They went for it last year.

"I think a lot of people are now saying, without jumping the gun, that Arsenal now are in the running for a top four place.

"If they can keep it going, if Lacazette can bang in 25 goals, like [Thierry] Henry, [Robin] van Persie, [Ian] Wright. To become an Arsenal mainstay striker, you have to get these goals.

"You know [Sergio] Aguero will get them, you know Liverpool have got goals in them. You know [Eden] Hazard will give you 18, [Alvaro] Morata will give you 12 to 15 goals.

"Arsenal have missed that. They've missed that player to go and get them goals. You need goals to win games, that's simply what wins you football matches.

"They would try to push as far as they can in the Europa League because that's a great opportunity if they finish out of the top four.

"If they are going to finish in the top four, that means a Man Utd, maybe, miss out.

"Liverpool and Man City are fighting to win the league; I think most people would agree.

"Then you've got Chelsea who are going very strong. Spurs and Arsenal are looking good and then you've got United.

"For Arsenal to finish in the top four, two huge clubs will miss out. They would have to go some [to finish in the top four].

"At the start of the season, many, including myself, wrote them off. But I'm looking at their form and Emery and it's not beyond the realms of possibility for Arsenal to finish in the top four."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...