Jose Mourinho sends urgent message to Guardiola ahead of the Manchester derby

Jose Mourinho sends urgent message to Guardiola ahead of the Manchester derby

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has described Man City as 'untouchables' ahead of their derby this weekend.

The Citizens have been in top form in their title defence - sitting atop of the EPL table with 29 points from 11 games.

United on their other hand are seventh on the table with 20 points after the same number of matches.

SunSport however reports that the Portuguese tactician has refused to get into how the money has been generated to help them achieve such a status.

City were in the news recently for allegedly breaking the Financial Fair Play regulations, but Mourinho would not get into that and was full of praise for how the Etihad side have flourished so far.

Mourinho said: "I focus on the four lines, focus on football.

"If you want to speak about their football potential we can speak and football potential starts with investment after that of course there is a quality of the work, of the organisation, I think that is untouchable .

"But what is behind I cannot say but in this moment I have only to think about football, and to think about football is to think about Manchester City as a football team. "

Still, as a football team it is one Mourinho believes they can beat - particularly after their performance at title contenders Chelsea and the midweek victory away to Juventus.

Mourinho said: "We played two difficult matches away against two very good teams in Chelsea and Juventus and we managed to get good results .

"Even if the good results were not in our pockets the performances were there, the positive attitude was there so we are going to try, but you are right, City are a very powerful team. "

United produced an incredible comeback at The Etihad last April from 2-0 down to win 3-2 and delay City's title celebrations.

Comebacks have been a theme of their performances and results of late not least with the two late goals In Turin in midweek.

Mourinho said: "In a positive way it is easy to feel a team that does not give up, that always finds a way to fight back, sometimes changing results, sometimes not but we are a team that has that collective spirit to fight back .

"But if we keep conceding goals before the opposition there will be a day where we cannot come back so we have to grow up in our approach, because is clear the team is growing up, but we have to grow up in our compactness and start matches well .

"Against Juventus it happened, we conceded the goal in minute 60 or something like that and we had a good start. In the first 15 or 20 mins we were totally in control. "

Striker Romelu Lukaku is back training with the side and could be available for Sunday.

Mourinho said: "Lukaku is training with the team this morn if this answer is positive and we have of course one more session tomorrow."In this moment I can only say he trains with the team. "

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...