See why Pogba did not celebrate Man United's victory against Juventus

See why Pogba did not celebrate Man United's victory against Juventus

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has revealed he did not celebrate his side's last minute winner because it felt "too strange".

The France international made a return to his former club two years since he joined United for a recording breaking £89million fee.

The Red Devils went behind after Cristiano Ronaldo's first time shot put the Biaconeri ahead but an 86th minute free-kick from Juan Mata and an own goal from Alex Sandro earned them an emphatic victory.

When asked about the possibility of making a return to join his former club following his dented relationship with Jose Mourinho, Pogba was muted in his reaction.

But Frenchman later applauded the traveling United fans and even gave them his shirt before refusing to rule out a move back to Italy.

"Who knows? I'm with United now. There is so much talk about this, but am happy to be playing for Manchester United," Pogba told Sky Sport Italia.

"The win was important, but the Juve fans gave me such a warm welcome.

"I didn't celebrate when we went 2-1 up, it felt too strange. I saw so many people that I know well. We played against a great team and we really had to win.

"It was wonderful coming back here, although it felt weird going into the 'away' locker room. I was so accustomed to the Juve one.

"The reaction of the fans really moved me, as I missed them and Italian football. It was great to be back in this stadium, where I started out and won big trophies."

The victory saw United close the gap on Juventus to two points and handed the Serie A club their first Champions League home loss since 2009.

United's next game willl be against Young Boys at Old Trafford then travel to Valencia for their final group on December 12.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...