Carragher reveals only way Liverpool can beat Man City to title

Carragher reveals only way Liverpool can beat Man City to title

Former Liverpool star, Jamie Carragher, has said that the club will only win the Premier League on the condition that Manchester City go far in the Champions League.

According to Carragher, Manchester City are better than Liverpool and will win the Premier League title again if not distracted by the Champions League.

City are currently leading the race with two points clear of Liverpool after the Reds dropped two points against Arsenal on Saturday.

The Reds have shown they can challenge for the title this season, while Chelsea and Arsenal are still on the race.

However, Carragher said City are the better side, and Liverpool must pray that the Citizens become distracted by their quest to win the Champions League.

"It will have been disappointing for Liverpool to concede that goal [to Arsenal]," said Carragher on Sky Sports.

"But I think Liverpool supporters, myself included obviously, need to just relax a little bit.

"You'd think Liverpool had lost the league after the game at the weekend because it's 'Ah it's two points dropped. Man City are going two points clear.'

"There's a long way to go. Man City are better than Liverpool, everyone knows that. But that doesn't mean Liverpool can't win the league.

"I think Liverpool's hope of winning the league will come in the second half of the season if City go far in the Champions League.

"Their focus will be on that and then they might take their eye off the ball in the league.

"That's the only chance Liverpool have got because City are better than them."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...