Mourinho singles out one Man United player for praise after 2-1 win over Bournemouth

Mourinho singles out one Man United player for praise after 2-1 win over Bournemouth

Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho has singled out his midfielder, Ander Herrera for praise following their 2-1 win over Bournemouth.
United trailed Callum Wilson's well-merited opening goal but came back to win the game with goals from Anthony Martial, and Marcos Rashford.
United dominated the game after the break and took control of the match following Herrera's introduction 10 minutes after the re-start.

"In the second-half I knew by having the two brothers on the bench - Rashford and Lingard - I knew the brothers could come in and make an impact," Mourinho told Sky Sports.
"But I think the impact was Ander Herrera. I think was the impact in the team.
"Was the one that changed the game by giving the team, the balance, the intensity, the high pressure, the organisation that the team didn't have until then I think he was fundamental for us.
"He's a player of balance, he's not an incredible creator, he's not an incredible goalscorer, he has a little bit of everything but I think he's a player of balance, knowledge, his tactical knowledge is big, he understands what I want, what the team needs.
"And today, in theory, you say 'Come on, 1-1, you bring Herrera'.
"I bring Herrera. But then Ashley Young and Luke Shaw start attacking more, Paul gets much more freedom, the team recover balls higher and then we become more offensive in the period after Ander. So I think he was really good for us."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...