Mourinho throws jibe at Man United chief Woodward after important discussion with Juventus owner

Mourinho throws jibe at Man United chief Woodward after important discussion with Juventus owner

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has again aimed a dig at his employer Ed Woodward after his side's slim defeat in mid-week's Champions League clash.
Paulo Dybala scored the only goal that separated both sides in their third group game which ensured the Italian side remain atop of the log.
The Portuguese tactician was said to have hailed the Old Lady for the way they went by landing their top transfer targets during last transfer window.

Mourinho was engaged in an in-depth conversation with the Italian club's owner Andrea Agnelli after the meeting.
And Mourinho said: " Before the game I told Mr Agnelli, 'Since I left Inter, you have seven (title wins) in a row and it looks like the eighth is coming' .
"He told me, 'I don't want the eighth, I want ten in a row' - and I think that's a fantastic answer and a fantastic statement .
"They won seven in a row, but they bought Cristiano (Ronaldo) and (Leonardo) Bonucci and (Emre) Can and (Joao) Cancelo, so they always want more and more and more .
"I think the objective of the club is happiness related to football results and they are going to chase a treble. If it is not this year, they are going to chase it next year .
"If it is not next year, they are going to chase it in other years. I'm not going to discuss their structure. To be honest I don't even know Juventus' structure, but I like the criteria. "

Mourinho on the other hand has been critical of United's chiefs after failing to land desired players when summer window opened.

Ahead of today's home clash with Everton, Mourinho said: "My thoughts are that I am not going to discuss with you the way I think Manchester United should be organised .
"It is one thing to compliment Juventus and another to give you my opinion on how Manchester United should or shouldn't be organised at that level .
"From my perspective, I have just to work like I am going to do now. That is my perspective. I am a coach on the pitch, I get the players, I do the best work I can do .
"I meet the players at 11 o'clock for a tactical meeting to analyse the previous match and the next one.
"Then I go to the pitch and work with the players. That is what I can do - to try to improve my players all the time."

And Mourinho insists he always knew this season would be an almighty struggle.
The Special One reckons it proves he worked a miracle in leading them to a second-placed finish last term.

He claimed: " My belief is you did not take me seriously when I said that the second position was a phenomenal position for us - and that this season was going to be difficult .
"You did not take me seriously. You did not look to my experience and knowledge in football like I knew what I was going to say .
"In football now, every team is getting really powerful and is ready to invest millions. "

Tenth-placed United are already nine points off the Premier League summit, with many doubting if Mourinho will be in charge for much longer.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...