Real Madrid star spits fire, claims club is bigger than Ronaldo

Real Madrid star spits fire, claims club is bigger than Ronaldo

Real Madrid defender Marcelo has revealed Cristiano Ronaldo's departure to Juventus during the summer came as a shock.
After spending nine years at the Bernabeu, Ronaldo decided to call it quits which Marcelo said surprised the entire Madrid squad.
The present squad without their Portuguese talisman are struggling winning just one game in their last six matches.

New manager Julen Lopetegui has been put on the hot seat and he could be sacked unless he overcomes Barcelona in Sunday's El Clasico.
Marcelo said: "Ending our holidays and coming back to the routine of Real Madrid without Cristiano Ronaldo was a surprise for us, we thought he wouldn't go."

However, the Brazilian left-back claimed Ronaldo's departure will not hamper the club's progress despite challenges.
"Real Madrid is a huge club," he added.
"Cristiano Ronaldo is huge too, but the club is bigger than any player.
"The history of Real Madrid is impressive and Cristiano Ronaldo added a piece more to the history of this club, but Real Madrid can't stop.
"The player changes club, stops playing, retires and Real Madrid will still be here."

Los Blancos assistant captain spoke of the importance of representing the club ahead of the titanic clash with Barcelona in the first El Clasico this season.

"Playing at the Camp Nou and representing the badge is very beautiful, the feeling is beautiful when all of the fans are against you, it motivates you," he admitted.
"It's a game where whoever makes fewer mistakes wins. We have to be focused, as we know Barcelona's quality and of the important players they have in attack.
"When I came to Real Madrid one of my aims was to play in a Clasico and win it, I've played many and it's always a joy to play against Barcelona.
"The world stops to watch this game, whether it's the start of the season or a final.
"Every player wants to be there playing and I've had the privilege to be able to play in a few."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...