FA reveals decision on Chelsea coach Ianni and Man United boss Jose Mourinho after Saturday's incident at Stamford Bridge

FA reveals decision on Chelsea coach Ianni and Man United boss Jose Mourinho after Saturday's incident at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea coach Marco Ianni has been charged by the FA for misconduct following his antics in the Blues' dramatic 2-2 draw against Manchester United on Saturday, October 20.
There was a slight moment of madness in the midst of the equalizer as Ianni goaded Mourinho twice before the United manager retaliated in what proved to be a dramatic ending to a scintillating match.
Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho was on the verge of a famous win at Stamford Bridge but it was not to be as Ross Barkley's late equalizer saw the two sides share the spoils.

The FA will however not issue any form of punishment towards Mourinho for retaliating, although a statement said he had been "reminded of his responsibilities" .

"Both clubs have received similar official reminders in terms of the behavior expected of their staff and players at all times whilst in the technical area." A statement from the FA read.
On Monday, October 22, Mourinho came out to defend Ianni's conduct, saying the youthful coach had apologized for his actions.

According to Mourinho, who won three premier league titles with Chelsea, Ianni did not deserve any further punishment and he should be given a "second chance".

"He apologised to me. He deserves a second chance - he doesn't deserve to be sacked. He went through a situation where he recognises he was wrong.
"I hope everybody does the same as I did and do not disturb the career of a great guy. Probably someone with great potential. I'm not happy at all with more than that."
Mourinho said.
Ianni has until Thursday to respond to the charges.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...