Chelsea superstar Fabregas wins prestigious award after setting Premier League record

Chelsea superstar Fabregas wins prestigious award after setting Premier League record

Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas has won his second Guinness World Record certificate after completing a century Premier League assists.
He reached the milestone during the Blues English topflight encounter against Stoke City on 31 December 2016.
SunSport report that the Spaniard was forced to wait before being finally recognised for his 100 assists in the league.

The former Arsenal and Barcelona star is second behind Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs, who has 162 assists on the the all-time assists chart.

Fabregas, while reacting to the award said that: "I'm not the fastest, I'm not the strongest, I'm not the most flexible, I don't jump high .
"But to achieve this record in my career is one of the proudest things in my job, because it is my job and I did it well. "

It is the second World Record the Spaniard has to his name after he and Liverpool legend, Jamie Redknapp became the players with the most volley passes in 30 second by a pair.

The 31-year-old joined the Blues in 2014 from Barcelona and has scored 15 goals from 132 appearances for the Premier League outfit.
He has won two EPL titles since he joined them four years ago and was part of the squad that won FA Cup title last term.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...