Premier League star reveals what Sergio Ramos said to him after a strong tackle during Spain vs England

Premier League star reveals what Sergio Ramos said to him after a strong tackle during Spain vs England

England's Three Lions midfielder Eric Dier has revealed what transpired between him and Spain's La Roja captain Sergio Ramos during their 3-2 win over the homeside in Sevilla.
In the 11th-minute of the encounter, Dier executed a crunching tackle on Ramos in Spain's penalty area.
Although the England star appeared to have won the ball cleanly, the referee Szymon Marciniak, adjudged the tackle too hard and flashed out a yellow card to the midfielder for his challenge.

Reacting to a question from givemesport .com after the game, th Tottenham star disclosed that the Los Blancos star never said anything annoying to him after the tackle, stressing that Ramos "congratulated" him.
"Nothing. He just congratulated me," Dier noted, even as he was quick to add.
"I just think the ball was there to be won and I think I won it. I don't think it was a foul or a yellow card, really.
"It's important to respect them, but at the same time, once we start the game, it's every man for himself and we have to put our foot down, put a marker down and be aggressive - still with respect, but we have to be aggressive, be on the front foot and show that nothing is going to intimidate us."

Interestingly, the performance of the English side, no doubt, will be remembered for a long time, as Spain have not suffered a home defeat in the last 15 years, going into the game. England on the other hand, England had never won in Spain since 1987.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...