Usain Bolt lashes out at Australian agency after drug test summons

Usain Bolt lashes out at Australian agency after drug test summons

Former 100, 200 and 4x100 meters champion Usain Bolt has been summoned for drug test by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.
The 32-year-old retired from the track to chart a new course for himself playing football - a dream he has nursed for a long time.
He scored two beautiful goals for Central Coast Mariners where he is currently on trials to become a professional footballer.

The Jamaican expressed his displeasure towards the information - saying he wasn't sure why he is getting a drug test.

"So guys I've retired from track and field looking to become a footballer but look at this, " Bolt said via an Instagram story as he zoomed in on the notice.
"How am I going to get a drug test today? I'm not even a professional footballer yet. Seriously...
"So I asked the lady, 'Why am I getting drug tested when I haven't signed for a club yet?' and she said they told her I'm an elite athlete so I have to get tested. "

Bolt has been training with the Australian top side since August and could be given up to a year to prove he is capable of cutting it on the football pitch.
Though his goals certainly caught the world's attention, his football skills still leave a lot to be desired.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...