French giants announce Arsenal legend Thierry Henry as their new coach

French giants announce Arsenal legend Thierry Henry as their new coach

French club Monaco have appointed former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry as their new head coach and he has signed a three-year deal with the club.
Monaco who parted company with Leonardo Jardim earlier in the week announced the deal by posting a picture of the striker in his Monaco days on twitter.
The 41-year-old World Cup winner had been linked with the job at Aston Villa, but turned it down earlier this week before Dean Smith then took over at Villa Park.
Thierry Henry has now returned to the club where he started his career in 1993 before leaving in 1999 after 141 games scoring 28 goals.

"In the first place, I thank AS Monaco for giving me the opportunity to coach the team of this club so special to me.
''I am very happy to come back to AS Monaco and extremely determined to meet the challenges ahead. I can not wait to meet the players to start working together,'
Henry explained.
The Arsenal legend will now leave his role as an assistant coach to Roberto Martinez at the Belgium national football senior team.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...