Gattuso names Pogba as player he would have loved to face as he reveals what he loves about Modric

Gattuso names Pogba as player he would have loved to face as he reveals what he loves about Modric

AC Milan manager Gennaro Gattuso has named Real Madrid midfield ace Luka Modric as the player he would have loved to play along with.
The 40-year-old hanged his boot in 2013 after spending just one season at Swiss topflight side Sion.
During his one year reign at the club, he also doubled as the manager of the team - which kicked off his coaching career.

He has however gone ahead to handle a few other clubs before returning to the San Siro as the substantial coach in 2017.

The former defensive midfielder during his days revealed he would have loved to team up with the Croat and play against French duo of Paul Pogba and Blaise Matuidi as opponents.
Gattuso old UEFA's YouTube channel on today's players he would have liked as teammates and rivals, as well as the Hollywood actor to play him in a film and soundtrack to his life.

"Everyone says Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi, but I'd have loved to play with Luka Modric," said the former Italy midfielder.
"I think he's an incredible player, really strong mentally and a pure footballer. Back in the day there were some animals about, Edgar Davids, Dennis Wise, Paul Ince at the start of my career, players full of character .
"From the current era, I'd like to come up against Paul Pogba. Another player I like is Matuidi. It seems like he never stops running, he's all over you .
"He wins back possession and makes tackles incredibly well. Robert De Niro, I think. Looking at how I talk and gesticulate, as well as my physical movements and facial expressions.
"Soundtrack to my life? I think Ligabue's song, 'Una vita da mediano' [Life as a midfielder]. When I hear that song, it sums up all the work I did for so many years ."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...