NFF president Pinnick finally reveals fate of Nigeria coach who was given 1-year ban for receiving bribe

NFF president Pinnick finally reveals fate of Nigeria coach who was given 1-year ban for receiving bribe

The Nigeria Football Federation have made it clear that suspended assistant coach of the Super Eagles, Salisu Yusuf will return to the national team after his suspension.
Salisu Yusuf was banned by the NFF board for one year from all football related issues after being caught in a video receiving bribe from undercover reporter who disguised to be a football agent.

And while speaking with BBC Africa, Amaju Pinnick who is the president of the Nigeria Football Federation stated that the ex Kano Pillars' coach will return to the Super Eagles.
Amaju Pinnick stressed that Salisu Yusuf still has valid contract with Nigeria's football governing body.

When asked if Salisu would return, Pinnick replied : ''Yes, definitely, Salisu has a contract with us for five years I think, I will check with my legal people.
"Punishment is not meant to chase you away, it is just to reprimand you and bring you back a better person,''.

Meanwhile, Nigeria will face Libya on Saturday without Salisu Yusuf and former Enugu Rangers coach Imama Amakapabo is expected to be beside head coach Gernot Rohr.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...