See what Wayne Rooney told Jose Mourinho's critics in spite of Man United's struggles

See what Wayne Rooney told Jose Mourinho's critics in spite of Man United's struggles

Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney has thrown his weight behind Jose Mourinho in the wake of the crisis rocking the club at the moment.
The Red Devils have struggled since the start of the 2018-19 season - winning just five in eleven matches in all competitions so far.
Before their dramatic victory over Newcastle United at Old Trafford last weekend, United had endured four games without a win, a run of form that suggested Mourinho might be sacked soon.

However, SunSport report that the 32-year-old admits the whole club need to pull together in the right direction to get the right results - and entertain.

Rooney ended his 13 year reign with Man United in the summer of 2017 and joined Everton where he spent just one season.
At the end of his one year contract with the Toffees, he moved to the Major League Soccer where he currently plays for DC United.

He said: "The manager can do so much but then it is down to the players on the pitch to produce .
"Probably collectively it is a bit of everything coming together, but Jose is an easy target."

United are now eighth on the Premier League table with seven points shy of Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool who are all on 20 points.

And Rooney said in support of the current manager that: " It's been a tough situation .
"For the players and the manager, it has been a tough start to the season. I know Jose is getting a load of stick but the players have to stand up .
"They have to be counted and they have to be better. I said the same thing when Louis van Gaal was there.
"He took a lot of stick but behind closed doors I said to the players we have be doing better .
"Personally I think he set us up brilliantly, but we didn't produce on the pitch .
"So I am sure that is getting said behind the scenes now."

Rooney was the star of the show as DC United beat Bastian Schweinsteiger's Chicago Fire 2-1 to keep their unlikely play-off dream alive.
Since moving into Audi Field, the record-scoring England striker has bagged nine goals and fired them from bottom to seventh, where they are two points off Montreal Impact in sixth.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...