Pep Guardiola begs Manchester City star for forgiveness after draw against Liverpool

Pep Guardiola begs Manchester City star for forgiveness after draw against Liverpool

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has tendered an apology to Brazilian star Gabriel Jesus after allowing Riyad Mahrez to take crucial penalty against Liverpool on Sunday.
The Algeria international missed the penalty which would have given the Premier League champions the maximum three points against Liverpool.
Before Mahrez took the spot-kick, he debated with Gabriel Jesus and Pep Guardiola signaled that the former Leicester City striker should take it.
But he blasted over an 86th-minute spot kick after Virgil van Dijk fouled Leroy Sane inside the box as the match ended in a draw.

"Yes of course. It was my decision.
"During the training sessions every day I see Mahrez taking the penalties and it gave me a lot of confidence.
"Gabriel Jesus wanted to take it. I apologized. It will be good experience for Mahrez. Next time it will go in,''
the ex Barcelona coach explained according to UK Sun.

Despite the draw against Liverpool, Manchester City are still topping the Premier League standings with 20 points, but they are tied on the same point with Chelsea and Liverpool.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...