Arsenal no longer afraid of anyone, insists Alex Iwobi

Arsenal midfielder Alex Iwobi says the Gunners are now playing without fear under Unai Emery following their 5-1 win over Fulham.

Iwobi started the win at Craven Cottage in the absence of Mesut Ozil - ruled out with injury - and continued his recent run of improved form as the Gunners secured a ninth consecutive win in all competitions.

Two goals each from Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and another from Aaron Ramsey moved the Gunners into third position in the Premier League.

Iwobi feels the emphatic win sends out a message that Arsenal are not scared to face anyone and can compete for the title.

He told Arsenal's official website: 'Yes, of course (it sends out a message). We're not afraid to play anyone. We're playing without fear, we want to be consistent and keep it going.

'The team spirit is better. The confidence is definitely better. We analyse the games a bit more and we're proving to the fans as well as ourselves that we're able to compete for the title.

'But there's a long way to go. It's a marathon, so we just have to carry on being consistent.'

Iwobi, who impressed again on the left-side of Arsenal's midfield, also thanked Emery for continuing to show faith in him in his first eleven.

'The manager has given me a lot of confidence, telling me that when I get the ball to just be positive', he continued.

'Whenever I am called upon to play, I always try to give my best and make sure that I can impose myself on the game.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...