Mourinho reacts to Manchester United's comeback win over Newcastle

Mourinho reacts to Manchester United's comeback win over Newcastle

Manchester United fans were full of praise for Jose Mourinho after his side overcame a two-goal deficit to defeat Newcastle at Old Trafford.
The Portuguese gaffer appreciated the support shown by the Red Devils fans and he urged them to focus on cheering the players instead of him.
The result will definitely ease the pressure on Mourinho after playing four matches without a win in the past week.

The 55-year-old was amazed with the crowd response but he insisted that the credit should be given to the players for their hardwork.

"I'm happy for the fans and for the players," he told a news conference.
"I'm amazed by that response [from the crowd]. I don't want that, and if I could tell them to not do it, I would, because it is not about me. It is about the football club they love and the football club we represent with honour and dignity.
"At half-time, we were losing 2-0 and the fans were magnificent to the team and that is fantastic.
"In my football memories, I remember when I beat Liverpool at Anfield 4-0 and I was amazed that the stadium was singing their song, but now I am in a situation where I'm losing 2-0 at home in a match everyone knows is important for us to win, and they were amazing.
"I am really grateful for that and my happiness about the victory is not for myself, it is for the fans and the players. The fans can go home with a feeling of victory."

The former Chelsea manager had earlier hit out at those saying he would be sacked regardless of the result of the Newcastle game.

Mourinho also added that the criticisms affected some of his players but hailed them for showing character in the second half.

"It happened that we started nervous. The team in my opinion didn't cope well with the pressure of the man-hunting," he said.
"Every ball around our box was almost a goal or some mistake, a bad decision, panic. And at half-time we spoke, everybody, and the team faced the second half with a different spirit, a different belief, giving everything for the victory.
"These football clubs, they are not made only of just victories and just difficult moments, but always with pride. Not just always victories, always pride. In the second half, it's pride. We needed the victory, too. Everything is better.
"At half-time, we are losing 2-0 and I know we can do better [than] we are doing. But football is football and every result is possible, as you can see."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...