Chelsea ace Eden Hazard names the FOUR best players in the Premier League

Eden Hazard has named Mohamed Salah, Kevin De Bruyne, Sergio Aguero and N'Golo Kante as the four best players in the Premier League.

Liverpool and Egypt superstar Salah has endured a slow start to the new season but was on fire last term, bagging the PFA Player of the Year award after scoring 44 goals for the Reds.

He beat Manchester City's dynamic midfielder De Bruyne to the award, despite the Belgian playing a huge role in Pep Guardiola's stunning title triumph at the Etihad.

Another key player for City last season was Argentine striker Aguero, who has scored 148 Premier League goals for the Manchester club.

Hazard rates Aguero as one of the best in the league and also believes Kante, a two-time Premier League winner, deserves more credit.

Asked to name the best player in the Premier League, Hazard was too modest to name himself but told SPORTbible: 'What for you is the best player?

'Maybe for you it's people who score more goals, another one is not thinking about that. At the moment I'm good - if I'm the best, fine, If I'm not I don't care.

'In the Premier League we have a lot of top players. [Sergio] Aguero is one of the best, [Kevin] De Bruyne is injured but he's one of the best.

'Mo Salah was the best last year, N'Golo [Kante] in the team is one of the best so we have a lot of good players.'

Hazard has made an impressive start to the new season, scoring eight goals in eight games for club and country.

His performances have helped Chelsea enjoy an unbeaten start to their Premier League and Europa League campaigns.

The Blues sold Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid in the summer but bolstered Maurizio Sarri's squad with the signings of goalkeeper Kepa and midfielders Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic.

And Hazard is adamant that Chelsea's squad is stronger than it was last season, despite the club selling the 'best goalkeeper in the world' in Courtois.

'They are top players for sure and Kepa, the goalkeeper - he is a fantastic young goalkeeper with a lot of quality,' Hazard added.

'When you bring this kind of guy into the team, the team is better for sure.

'We lost the best goalkeeper in the world but I think the team is better this year than last season and we can see it every weekend.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...