Man United star likes post calling for Mourinho sack, then apologizes in remarkable fashion

Man United star likes post calling for Mourinho sack, then apologizes in remarkable fashion

Antonio Valencia has made his stance known about Jose Mourinho after liking an Instagram post calling for the Manchester United manager's sack.
After United's draw with Valencia in the Champions League, a fan described the team playing under Mourinho as a form of punishment and suggested the Portuguese manager be axed.

The Valencia fan account, teamvalencia25, said:
"I'm not even surprised about the outcome of this game. I always look forward to out games but recently Mourinho has made watching us a punishment.

"Something needs to change. It's time for Mourinho to go."

It comes just after Valencia attempted to quash rumours of a rift in the Manchester United camp by claiming Mourinho has the full backing of the squad.
But according to Sportsmail, Mourinho is barely in speaking terms with the club captain as he failed to attend United's Carabao Cup defeat to Derby County which could be the reason for Valencia's action on Instagram.
And Mourinho recently stripped Paul Pogba of vice-captaincy as well as having a public spat with the Frenchman.

But Valencia declared he was behind Mourinho after Tuesday's match at Old Trafford in an attempt to project cohesion and unity after going through a turbulent week..
Asked if he is fully behind Mourinho, Valencia replied: "One hundred per cent. He is our boss, we have to be with him and we are fighting."

He added: "No, I have never had any problem with anyone, thank God.
"The decision [about the captaincy and vice-captaincy] is for the coach to make, now we need to see the positives. We played an important game and got a point, now we have a game against Newcastle and we need to fight.
"What I can say from the inside is that the lads are calm, working every day with a good attitude. We haven't got good results and that's why rumours arise."

Meanwhile, Valencia has issued a defence after liking an Instagram post demanding manager Jose Mourinho be sacked.
The full-back wrote on Twitter: "Yesterday, I liked a post on Instagram without reading the text that accompanied the picture. These are not my views and I apologise for this. I am fully supportive of the manager and my teammates. We are all giving our everything to improve the results."
The Red Devils have just earned 10 points in seven matches in the Premier League as they travel to Tyneside to face Newcastle.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...