Barcelona keen to bring back former manager who won 14 major titles for the club

Barcelona keen to bring back former manager who won 14 major titles for the club

Barcelona have declared they are ready to welcome former boss and Man City manager Pep Guardiola back to the La Liga outfit.
According to a UK Sun report, citing The Times, club president Josep Bartomeu insists the "door is always open" for the Spaniard to the Nou Camp.

The former Bayern Munich manager, who spent four seasons at the La Liga champions, hinted that he would love to end his coaching career at the Nou Camp.

"I read a few days ago that he's planning in the future to come back to Barcelona and maybe take care of La Masia.
"I think it's good news for our club that he could do that one day. He knows the door is always open for him.
"Even when he told us he wanted to leave in 2012, we suggested to him he could take care of La Masia.
"Nobody told him to leave Barcelona. He could come back in the future, he knows this. Why not,"
the Barca chief queried.
Interestingly, Guardiola admitted last month, about his intentions to re-join the Catalan giants.
In an interview with the Universo Valdano TV show, he stressed that he was looking forward to return to where it all started.
"I will finish again where I started, my last steps will be in the youth teams - I hope at Barcelona," noted the highly-respected manager, who earned 263-cap as a Barcelona player, before joining the B team as coach in 2007.
The next season, Guardiola was elevated to the first-team coach, where he claimed 14 major titles before joining Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich in 2012.
Four years later, the Spaniard sealed a switch to the English topflight, to join Manchester City.

At the last count, Guardiola has enjoyed successes in the League Cup (twice) and Premier League in his two-year reign at the Etihad side.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...