3 incredible reasons that forced Ronaldo to dump Real Madrid and join Juventus

Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo joined the Italian League champions Juventus this summer in a four year deal around £99 million.
Ending his nine year reign with Real Madrid laden with four Champions League titles and several other domestic and continental trophies.

His goal record ( 450 goals from 438 games) during his close to one-decade stay at the Santiago Bernabeu might take a longer time to reach talk-less of being broken.

However, not many knew the real reasons behind Ronaldo's decision to dump the club where he has shined for so long.
According to the Mirror quoting El Mundo, the former Manchester United star was furious that the Spanish League giants did not stand by him when he had issues with the government over tax issues in 2017.

He was accused of tax evasion of almost €15m from 2011 to 2014 and was handed a suspended jail term with a fine of €18.8 million before the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

"I said I did not want risks ," El Mundo report Ronaldo said to agent Jorge Mendes after being charged in 2017.
Ronaldo felt slighted by the club's inactions concerning his salary, and craved a contract renewal at the club but his demands were ignored.

Given the payments to the Treasury, Ronaldo felt Real should oblige with a new deal, something he believed Barcelona did for Lionel Messi.

And the forward felt betrayed by their silence over his demands for a new contract, which was lower than what Messi and Neymar earn, once he joined Paris Saint-Germain, as the top earners in world football.
"It is a lack of respect that I, the Ballon d'Or winner, earn less than Messi and Neymar. It's status, respect, " Ronaldo is reported to have explained.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo decided to join the Old Lady in a move to seek new adventure with Juventus, as Real's unwillingness to declare him their greatest player of all time.

Never were they willing to place Ronaldo over and above Alfredo Di Stefano, which Ronaldo simply could not understand, given his numbers and resume at the club.
"They always put me behind Di Stéfano, " said a miffed Ronaldo. "I do not know what else I have to do ."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...