Tennis champion Serena Williams goes without top, sings in Breast Cancer awareness video

Tennis champion Serena Williams goes without top, sings in Breast Cancer awareness video

Renowned tennis champion Serena Williams decided to take a bold step in her campaign on breast cancer only that rather than wait for October to address the issue of breast cancer, she picked on Saturday, September 29 to start her own campaign.

The mother of one decided to dedicate the classic Divinyls song, I Touch Myself, to create awareness in a video she shared on her Instagram page. The tennis legend wasn't trying to gather likes on her page but rather drawing awareness for Breast Cancer Awarness Month. Singing, Serena went topless in the video that has gone viral.

In the video, the tennis legend was seen singing and touching her breast emotionally as a means of creating awareness of breast cancer.
Williams surprised many with her singing talent and who knows she might decide to pick singing up as another career after tennis.

She confessed that she was "uncomfortable" doing the video but believed in the cause that much that she can not reject the role. She said|:
"Yes, this put me out of my comfort zone, but I wanted to do it because it's an issue that affects all women of all colours, all around the world. Early detection is key - it saves so many lives. I just hope this helps to remind women of that."
She explained further the reason behind the song I Touch Myself, she said:
"The music video is part of the I Touch Myself Project which was created in honour of celebrated diva, Chrissy Amphlett, who passed away from breast cancer, and who gave us her hit song to remind women to put their health first. The project is proudly supported by @BerleiAus for Breast Cancer Network Australia," she said

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...