Man City boss Pep Guardiola blasts French star for neglecting an important task to watch Anthony Joshua's fight

Man City boss Pep Guardiola blasts French star for neglecting an important task to watch Anthony Joshua's fight

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has blasted France World Cup ace Benjamin Mendy abandoning treatment on his injured foot for a boxing fight in London.
According to a UK Sun report, the Frenchman was among the 80,000 fans that watched the Anthony Joshua fight at Wembley on Saturday night, suggesting the defender attended his appointment at the City Football Academy late the following day.

Reacting on Mendy's slow return from injury, the former Barcelona manager, admitted he has taken time to speak with the ex-Monaco man, who is still battling his troublesome metatarsal.

"He arrived late, that happens sometimes, in the last period a lot have arrived late because of the traffic.
"Manchester is under construction, the players arrive late. They have to drop their kids at school....
"But they should be here and he knows it. I spoke with him," noted the Spaniard, who is not prepared to reveal how long, the Frenchman will be sidelined.
"I expect him back when he's fit.
"Now he's injured, he's not a problem with physical condition, he's quick.
"He's injured and when he's deemed ok he's coming back and when he decides to play he's going to play.
"He was injured six or seven months last season. Now he's injured again.
"Every day he's having treatment. I'm not a physio,"
stressed a visibly unhappy Guardiola.

Interestingly, the Frenchman has been a regular visitor at the CFA for treatment during week, but was not involved in any training session with the rest of the Citizens squad members.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...