Ibrahimovic names the only player who should have won FIFA Puskas award

LA Galaxy striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has reportedly claimed he deserved to win the 2018 FIFA Puskas award.
Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah beat competitions from Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale to win the prestigious prize for his solo effort against Everton.

And the former Manchester United forward is of the opinion that the Egyptian star was not worthy to receive the award - as he jokingly suggested his wonder strike against Los Angeles FC earlier this year could have won.

According to Dailymail, the ex-Sweden forward said Salah doesn't deserved to win the top prize earlier this week in London.
He admitted that Cristino Ronaldo's goal was the only goal that could have beaten his superb strike to win the award.

"I think Cristiano scored a nice goal. I didn't see the candidates, because if my goal was not there, it was not interesting.
"But my goal should have been there, against LAFC, or you have my 500 goals, but let's see. Maybe I'm there next year, "
he added.

Salah took home the award earlier this week for his strike against Everton in the Merseyside derby last season.
The forward turned Martina inside out before cutting inside Idrissa Gueye to fire the ball around Jordan Pickford.
The effort beat overhead strikes from Real Madrid duo Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale in the Champions League to win.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...