Mourinho reveals why Manchester United drew with Wolves

Mourinho reveals why Manchester United drew with Wolves

Manchester United coach Hose Mourinho has admitted his side deserved punishment after United were held to a 1-1 draw by Wolves at Old Trafford.

The newly-promoted side shared the points, posting a remarkable performance on the day Sir Alex Ferguson returned to the Theatre of Dreams after a brain surgery.

The Portuguese manager was left fuming following his team's approach into the match, questioning his players' mentality.

"The result was fair. They deserved their point -- we deserve the punishment of only getting one.

"They started better, were more aggressive, had more intent - I don't know why but they were more motivated.
"I can't explain the difference of attitude. I never had a difference of attitude. We win three matches away from home. We come back with a good spirit.

"We recover. Then we start in a poor way.
"I could say we were tired, it was the Champions League, an awful pitch. That the body suffers an impact on artificial rather than actual grass.

"I could go in this direction. But Alexis Sanchez and Jesse Lingard didn't play. Fred played 60 minutes, Fellaini as sub. Yes, it's a mental situation. An attitude.
"One team was coming to play the game of their lives, the other to relax.

"I expect my team to play better than we did. If we had played against Wolves like we did against Tottenham, then we win.

"I'm more disappointed today than I was against Tottenham. Against Tottenham we lost the game but I liked very, very much my team's performance. Of course, against Wolves we had a better result and one point is better than zero. But today I did not like my team," Mourinho said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...