Arsenal boss Unai Emery claims new Europa league record

Arsenal boss Unai Emery claims new Europa league record

Arsenal boss Unai Emery has now claimed more victories in the UEFA Europa League than any other club manger after helping the Gunners thrash Vorskla Poltava 4-2 on Wednesday night.

According to a UK Daily Mail report, the former PSG and Sevilla manager Emery, is now the first club boss to win 32 matches in the UEFA's tournament.

Interestingly, the Spaniard, who is highly-rated in the Europa League, has an intimidating record after guiding Sevilla to three successive titles between 2014 and 2016.

Previously, at French Ligue 1 champions, Paris Saint-Germain, Emery attempted lifting the Champions League without success, and he is now back to familiar terrain with Arsenal, looking forward to another success story at the end of the season.

Reacting after netting a brace against the Ukrainian side Gabonese star, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang declared that he was excited with performance, but is looking forward to see more improvement in the coming games.

"I think we played well in the first half and in the beginning of the second as well," the former Dortmund noted, even as he was quick to state the areas of improvement.
'We have to improve and try to fight not to concede a goal like we did in the last minute.
"I didn't play the Europa League last year with the guys so I am really happy to be back in this competition. We want to go to the final of course.

"I hope we can do well in the next few games. We know the Premier League is long. We have to win these games straight away and perform quickly. It is good to start with a win," Aubameyang submitted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...