Manchester United star Romelu Lukaku reveals the Chelsea legend who he has been talking to on daily basis

Manchester United star Romelu Lukaku reveals the Chelsea legend who he has been talking to on daily basis

Manchester United superstar Romelu Lukaku has credited his superb performance in the Premier League to Chelsea legend Didier Drogba.

The Belgium star revealed he has been in contact with the 2012 Champions League winner since his arrival to the UK in 2011.

He has scored four goals in five matches in the English topflight this season since he joined the Red Devils in 2017.

His goal tally for the Red Devils has been taken to 20 goals in 39 EPL appearances since his mega move last summer.

Lukaku's goal against Watford took him to 105 Premier League goals across spells with Chelsea, West Brom, Everton and United.

According to Daily Star, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Robin van Persie and Dwight Yorke are the only players to have reached the 100 milestone in fewer games for the Red Devils.

It places him in esteemed company and means he has achieved the feat quicker than Wayne Rooney, Andy Cole or Dimitar Berbatov.

And the hitman has thanked Chelsea legend Didier Drogba for his mentorship and says that the Ivorian great is partly to thank for his continued development.

"Well he's [Drogba] been a part of my process from day one until now, we talk almost every day, " Lukaku told the Premier League website.
"I'm really happy, it's been a nice journey until now where I've learned a lot and improved a lot and I want more .
"Yeah it was nice [to get my first goal], especially when it was against Liverpool. From that moment on I considered myself as a Premier League player.
"My first game [with Chelsea], yeah it was Norwich. We won the game and I came on and did really well. "

Lukaku became the 28th player in Premier League history to score 100 goals with a strike against Swansea at the end of last season.

It was his 216th game, and made him the fifth-youngest player to the achieve the feat.

He has scored some memorable goals during his time in the English top-flight, and when asked which of the 100 goals was his best, he replied: "The one at City away in my last year at Everton, for me that was the best goal. "
United started the season in poor form, losing two of their opening three Premier League matches.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...