Manchester United legend explains the major reason that made Ronaldo cry after being sent off against Valencia

Manchester United legend explains the major reason that made Ronaldo cry after being sent off against Valencia

Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand has explained the rationale that made Cristiano Ronaldo to cry on Wednesday night, September 19, when he was sent off in the Champions League.

Cristiano Ronaldo was shown a straight red card after clashing with Valencia star Jeison Murillo and the Portugal international busted into tears after being sent out of the match.

Before he want sent out, the referee consulted with his assistant behind the goal and they both agreed to punish the ex Real Madrid superstar.

Ronaldo will at least miss the home game against Young Boys but could be forced to sit out the double-header against Manchester United if he is banned for three games.

"I don't know. I think the red card is inconclusive really, it's hard to see.
"I'm sure that Cristiano Ronaldo and Juventus will appeal that.
"I think the emotion you can see coming out here, I think he's going back to Old Trafford - he'll miss that game - he wants to play football, you can see that,''

Rio Ferdinand told BT Sports.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...