Maurizio Sarri names 2 Premier League clubs that will 'fight' for the EPL silverware this season

Maurizio Sarri names 2 Premier League clubs that will 'fight' for the EPL silverware this season

Chelsea new boss Maurizio Sarri insists Liverpool and Pep Guardiola's Manchester City are the two top sides in the running for the Premier League silverware at the end of the 2018-19 campaign.

According to a UK Metro report, the 59-year-old football tactician, who previously managed Serie A campaigners, Napoli believes Chelsea need to move to the next level, before laying claim to the Premier League diadem.
Already, Sarri has helped the West London side make a decent start to the new season with four wins out of four game, but will be looking forward to a record with another three points against Cardiff at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

The Reds are another EPL side with maximum points after four matches and are rearing to go for the EPL title after splashing out £160million on summer additions.
However, Sarri is still upbeat that the Blues can keep close tabs with the Reds and the Citizens, in the battle for the EPL title.

"At the moment I can answer Manchester City or Liverpool," the Italian Sarri, was quoted as saying, while revealing the teams he thinks were true title contenders.
"We need another step I think to be at the same level. I think so, but I hope not.
"It's very difficult. The gap last season was 30 points so I think to go above 30 points in one season is very, very difficult.
"I think we must improve but we can improve, "
summed up the Italian, who seems not to believe Manchester United or Tottenham have the quality to claim the title this term.
      Interestingly, Jose Mourinho's tutored Manchester United have suffered two defeats in their first four matches, while Tottenham with three wins out of four suffered a narrow 2-1 defeat to Watford before the first international break of the season.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...