Klopp departs to Wembley with Liverpool stars ahead of EPL showdown with Tottenham (photos)

Klopp departs to Wembley with Liverpool stars ahead of EPL showdown with Tottenham (photos)

League leaders Liverpool hit London early evening on Friday, hours before Saturday's EPL early kick-off cracker against Tottenham at the Wembley.

The Reds are on top of the league log going into the first international break of the season after winning all fours matches played so far in the 2018-19 campaign.

According to a UK sun report, going into the Totenham match, the Reds are weary of their Champions League tie against PSG in the coming week.

However, the Reds squad that are presently in London are star-studded with the presence of Egypt's Mohamed Salah and Dutch Virgil van Dijk standing tall as they headed to London at Runcorn station.

Among the Reds Squad includes summer arrival Fabinho, the Brazilian midfielder who cost Liverpool about £44m from Monaco, is yet to mark his debut for the Kop side.

On the other hand, Klopp, who was sighted enjoying a brief moment while munching on a biscuit, the German had earlier responded to comments from Gary Neville during his pre-match press-conference.

Klopp was furious that the former Manchester United defender wanted Liverpool to pay more emphasis on the Premier League than the European competition.

"It's a bit silly sitting in an office talking about football, it's different to doing the job.
"How would that work? We don't play Champions League or what?
"Gary should come over and tell me exactly how that works. How do you prepare for a game when you don't focus on it? I don't understand, do we play our kids or what?
"I don't know what he means with that, to be honest. We have to play football. A lot of people watch our games when we play Champions League and that's our job that we do the best we can do in all these games.

"That's what we try. I don't know exactly what it means but to focus on one competition can only be if maybe you are already out of the competition nearly.
"If it's late in the season that you see you have a chance to do that or do this and all that stuff,"
Klopp submitted.
Interestingly, the Reds played in the final of the Champions League, where they were defeated by La Liga giants Real Madrid in Kiev, and on the could not challenge for the Premier League title won by Manchester City with a record points haul.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...