Checkout the reason that stopped Chelsea from signing PSG superstar Kylian Mbappe

Checkout the reason that stopped Chelsea from signing PSG superstar Kylian Mbappe

As Daily Star reports, Chelsea failed in bids to sign French superstar Kylian Mbappe in 2012. Former scout Serge Daniel Boga brought him to the club's Cobham training centre six years ago, where the attacker immediately impressed.

In the few days that he spent in club, they discussed the following actions but everything went wrong when Mbappe's mother didn't want to wait and was not going to talk about second trial:
'We said that we appreciate what we saw from Kylian but we have to invite him back for another trial and then see after that.'
     'I remember what the mother said to this day. She spoke in French to Fraser and I was translating. She said to me, 'Listen, my boy won't be coming back. If they want him they have to take him now or in five year's time they will be coming back to buy him for €50 million!'

In that moment seemed like it sounds optimistic, but as turned out, Paris Saint-Germain in 2017 paid even three times more.
      Serge Daniel Boga answered: 'No I can't say that to them. It is too c0cky for me,' and after six years adds that they were not sure about one hundred percent in Kylian's defensive qualities.
      'He was very skilful but in England they want to see the player track back and be a hard worker. At the time, he wasn't a hard worker.'

Now 19-year-old Mbappe already has two Ligue 1 titles, lifted the Coupe de la Ligue and Coupe de France trophies and became the best young player of World Cup 2018, while winning it with France national team.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...