Bayern Munich star reveals why refused a move to Man United and what he told Mourinho in personal phone call

Bayern Munich star reveals why refused a move to Man United and what he told Mourinho in personal phone call

Jerome Boateng confirmed that he was one of the Man United fall-back target during the final days of the Premier League transfer window. The defender told Mirror that there was an interest from both Red Devils, but it did not lead to anything.
      "I had enquiries from PSG and Manchester United. Did not want to leave Bayern, but I was thrilled to try a new challenge. I feel well at Bayern. It's one of the biggest clubs in the world," Boateng said.
        After Deadline Day he contacted Mourinho and explained the reason in a phone call.
"I called Jose Mourinho, I told him that his interest was an honour for me and thanked him for trying so hard for me. I explained to Jose that it's difficult to leave Bayern, and if I do, everything has to be in place to top this club."
        Amid these news in media, new Bayern coach Niko Kovac confirmed he would love to go into the new season with Boateng. So how it turned out, the former Frankfurt coach was one of the reasons why Jerome is still in the team.
"Niko Kovac gave me the feeling that I am very important for him and the club."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...