Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi signs new six-year deal with Premier League side

`Wildred Ndidi admitted he was 'thrilled' to have committed his long-term future to Leicester by signing a six-year deal.

The 21-year-old received a five-and-a-half-year contract when he arrived from Genk in January last year, but his excellent form has convinced the Foxes to give him a deal until the summer of 2024.

Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi signs new six-year deal with Premier League side

A club statement said: "Leicester City Football Club is delighted to confirm that Wilfred Ndidi has signed a new contract, keeping him at King Power Stadium until June 2024.

"In the 18 months since his arrival from Belgian side Genk, the 21-year-old has developed into one of the Premier League's most exciting talents as well as a key member of Leicester City's first team squad."

Ndidi, who began his career with Nathaniel Boys in Lagos before heading to Europe, was delighted to have put pen to paper.

He said: "I'm very happy to sign this contract with Leicester City. I have enjoyed every moment of my time with the football club, so I'm thrilled to be here for six more years.

"Together with my team-mates and our wonderful supporters, I hope we can look forward to many more fantastic moments."

The combative midfielder made his Foxes debut within days of his £15million arrival in a 2-1 FA Cup victory at Everton, and has 63 appearances for the club under his belt after Saturday's 2-0 home win over promoted Wolves.

He has won the club's young player of the year award in each of the last two seasons, the first of them after just four months at the club.

Ndidi started all three games for his country at this summer's World Cup finals in Russia as they finished third in Group D behind Croatia and Argentina.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...