Wilfried Zaha signs new contract making him Crystal Palace's top earner on £130,000-a-week

Wilfried Zaha has penned a new five-year contract with Crystal Palace.

The winger was heavily linked with a move away from Selhurst Park in the summer transfer window, with Chelsea and Tottenham both reported to be tracking the 25-year-old.

Wilfried Zaha signs new contract making him Crystal Palace's top earner on £130,000-a-week

But Palace have always made it clear they have no interest in selling their star man, and Zaha has now committed his long-term future to the club.

The new deal - understood to be worth around £130,000-a-week - makes Zaha Palace's highest earner.

Eagles chairman Steve Parish said: "Wilf grew up a stone's throw from Selhurst Park from the age of four, and has been with the club since he was 12.

"This agreement is yet another example of his lifelong commitment to the club, and our commitment to him.

"This is an amazing day for everyone here at Palace, our supporters and of course Wilf - and is richly deserved."

Zaha came through Palace's academy and made his professional debut for the club in 2010.

He signed for Manchester United in January 2013 for a fee of around £15m but failed to make an impact at Old Trafford and rejoined Palace 18 months later, initially on loan before making the switch permanent in February 2015.

The Ivory Coast international has been outstanding since his return to Selhurst and played a crucial role last season, scoring nine goals and assisting a further five, as Palace secured Premier League survival.

After putting pen to paper, Zaha said: "I'm very pleased. Obviously, I just wanted to get it over and done with, so I can just focus on the season.

"I'm buzzing that we managed to get it sorted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...