Willian says there is 'no chance' he would have stayed at Chelsea under Antonio Conte

Willian believes he would have left Chelsea this summer, had Antonio Conte remained in charge.

The Brazilian winger was known to have a fractious relationship with his former manager, and explained earlier this month that he found Conte "very difficult to work with."

Willian says there is 'no chance' he would have stayed at Chelsea under Antonio Conte

Now, he has gone on record in an interview with the Evening Standard and declared that he would no longer be at Chelsea if the Italian hadn't been sacked by the club this summer.

"No chance," Willian stated when asked whether he would have stayed if Conte did.

"No. I'm here because I want to play for Chelsea. I will only leave if Chelsea want me to go."

The Blues finished a disappointing fifth last season after initially storming to the title in Conte's first season.

As a result, he was eventually replaced by Maurizio Sarri in July after protracted negotiations allowed him to leave Napoli.

Willian was linked with Barcelona and Manchester United over the summer, but Chelsea refused to sell and he has opted to stay at the club.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...