Cryptic Paul Pogba hints at Manchester United unhappiness amid Barcelona links

Paul Pogba starred as Manchester United beat Leicester on Friday night, but has since hinted that all is not well behind the scenes.

The Frenchman scored and put in a strong performance as the Red Devils won 2-1 at Old Trafford, though he has repeatedly been linked with a move to Barcelona this summer.

Pogba has alluded to problems at United

Now, the 25-year-old explained to reporters that he needs to be content in order to perform to the best of his ability.

"You have to know one thing. A player that gets chosen and is happy, you always feel more comfortable than when he's not happy. That's all I'll say.

"I am the same Paul Pogba [as at the World Cup]. I still love football and give my best. When you are comfortable, when people trust everyone, are good in the head, it's going to be easier.

"If you're not happy doing what you're doing, there's no point doing it, right? There's point doing things because you love it."

Pogba scored from the spot to put United ahead against Leicester

Pogba was then given the perfect opportunity to reassure United fans that, despite previous hard times, things were now looking up for him at Old Trafford.

He didn't take this opportunity.

When asked whether he feels happy and comfortable at United, Pogba simply responded: "There are things I cannot say, otherwise I will get fined."

While the Premier League transfer window closed on Thursday evening, clubs elsewhere in Europe can still buy players until the end of August and reports of a move away have persisted.

On social media, the midfielder vowed to keep giving his all "no matter what's going on."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...