Chelsea News: Aleksandr Golovin not certain to join Premier League side, says CSKA president

Chelsea transfer target Aleksandr Golovin could still move to a European rival, the club have been warned.

The Blues have been chasing the 22-year-old, but CSKA Moscow president Evgeniy Giner says there is no 'closed agreement' with them for the player, who starred for Russia at the World Cup.

Chelsea News: Aleksandr Golovin not certain to join Premier League side, says CSKA president

"I believe that [he] can grow into a big star," Giner told sport24. "I'm not sure that this can happen in the Russian championship. The level of the English Premier League or the championship of Spain is much higher. In order not to ruin [him], we must let him go.

"But we have no solution for today. When we receive an offer, we always try to negotiate openly. Indeed, we were visited by the vice-president of Monaco [Vadim Vasilyev] and he made a proposal for Golovin.

"If we talk about Chelsea, then there is no closed agreement with them. But the question of his transition will be decided, I think, in the next couple of days."

So far Chelsea's only bit of transfer business has come in the form of Jorginho, who joined from Napoli in a £50m deal.

New manager Maurizio Sarri also explained he wants to keep Thibaut Courtois and Eden Hazard at Stamford Bridge when asked about the pair possibly leaving.

Sarri would love to see Hazard in a Chelsea shirt next season

"I would like to keep them in my squad," he said.

"But a telephone call without looking them in the eye will not give me any certainty. I want to meet them face to face, understand what the best thing is to do for everyone."

Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola, meanwhile, has returned to the club to work under Sarri.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...