Ivan Perisic breaks silence amid Manchester United transfer speculation

Ivan Perisic has spoken out on his future amid rumours linking him with a move to Manchester United.

The 29-year-old notched up 11 goals and eight assists for Inter Milan last season and starred for Croatia as they reached the World Cup final in Russia this summer.

Jose Mourinho has made no secret of his admiration for Perisic and openly admitted earlier this month that he previously tried and failed to bring the winger to Old Trafford.

Reports suggest United are targeting Perisic once again this summer and the Red Devils are also interested in his international team-mate Ante Rebic.

However, asked about his future after Croatia's defeat to France, Perisic responded: 'So far I have thought of Croatia. Now I will rest, I will return to focus on Inter.'

United boss Mourinho raved about Perisic's performance against England as Croatia booked their place in the World Cup final.

'Perisic is the kind of winger that is different to the others,' the Portuguese told RT.

'Normally you look at wingers and they are just fast and creative. 'But he is also physical, very physical. Fantastic in the air.

'So the way he wins that ball in the air [for Mario Mandzukic's goal] and puts the ball into that space is only possible if you are very, very physical and dominant over defenders.

'So he was amazing by going there and winning that ball in the air.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...