'You know my preferred destination' - Eden Hazard 'ready to leave Chelsea' amid interest from Real Madrid

Eden Hazard is ready to leave Chelsea this summer, with Real Madrid his preferred destination.

The Belgium captain, who was speaking after his country's 2-0 win over England, told reporters 'it might be time to discover something different'.

'You know my preferred destination' - Eden Hazard 'ready to leave Chelsea' amid interest from Real Madrid

Hazard secured Belgium's best ever World Cup finish on Saturday

Ever since Cristiano Ronaldo confirmed he was signing for Juventus, speculation has been rife as to who the LaLiga side would look to replace him with.

And it seems Hazard has thrown his own name into the hat.

Speaking to Belgian newspaper HLN, he said: "After 6 wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different, certainly after this World Cup.

"I can decide if I want to stay or go, but Chelsea will make the final decision - if they want to let me go.

"You know my preferred destination."

Hazard slots the ball past Jordan Pickford in the England net to make it 2-0

The forward arrived in west London from Lille in a £32 million move back in 2012 - immediately after the Blues had won the Champions League.

Even though new boss Maurizio Sarri will be looking to shake things up after Antonio Conte's departure, it seems as though even that may not be enough to convince the 27-year-old to stay.

"We knew already for a while that Sarri was going to become the new manager," he continued.

"If he's a good manager? If he lets me win trophies, yes.

"Dries Mertens has told me he's a good coach. We'll have to work hard, The Italian way.

"But we were used to that with Antonio too."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...