Newcastle United sign Chelsea star Kenedy on a season-long loan

Newcastle United have signed Chelsea star Kenedy on a season-long loan, the club have confirmed.

The player spent the second half of last term at St James' Park and was a huge success as they retained their Premier League status.

The Brazilian winger got two goals and two assists in his 13 appearances, and gave the Magpies another dimension in attack.

He is their third signing of the summer after the permanent acquisition of Martin Dubravkaand the arrival of Ki Sung-yueng.

"I am so happy with this interest from Rafael Benítez, that he came back for me," said Kenedy told Newcastle's official website. "I want to keep it going, the work that I did here before, for the new season.

"I have received many, many messages on social media from the fans. They made me feel appreciated, so I wanted to come here in this new season and give everything on the pitch."

Manager Benítez added: "I'm really pleased to have Kenedy back with us. I'm sure every fan will be happy with this signing.

"Hopefully he can keep playing at the same level that he reached with us last season. I wish him all the best for his time here."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...