Chelsea make contact with Real Madrid over Mateo Kovacic transfer move

Chelsea have made reportedly an approach to sign Real Madrid star Mateo Kovacic.

Kovacic has made 109 appearances for Madrid since joining the club from Inter Milan back in 2015 but the 24-year-old is being heavily linked with a move away from the Bernabeu this summer.

The midfielder only made ten starts in La Liga last season and is understood to be considering an exit from Madrid in search of more regular game-time.

According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Chelsea have made contact with the La Liga giants over the potential availability of Kovacic.

Maurizio Sarri is set to be appointed as Antonio Conte's replacement this summer and the Italian is already scouring the market for reinforcements.

Reports in Italy suggest that Chelsea have wrapped up a £53million deal with Juventus to sign Gonzalo Higuain.

The Blues are expected to unveil Higuain as their first signing of summer once Sarri arrives as manager at Stamford Bridge.

While playing under Sarri at Napoli, the Argentina striker broke Serie A's scoring record when he scored 36 goals in the 2015/16 season.

Asked about Higuain following the forward's move to Juve, Sarri said: 'He made a debatable choice, but that doesn't mean he's not a good man.

'Despite it all, I still feel about him the way I do a son who has made you angry, but you still care for him. I owe him a great deal.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...