Gonzalo Higuain's agent denies that Chelsea have deal in place to sign striker

Gonzalo Higuain's agent has rubbished speculation that the striker is set to join Chelsea.

The 30-year-old has scored 55 goals in 105 appearances for Juventussince joining the club back in 2016 but is being heavily linked with a move to Stamford Bridge this summer.

Maurizio Sarri, who is in line to replace Antonio Conte at Chelsea, worked with Higuain at Napoli and is determined to bring the Argentine with him to London.

Reports in Italy this week suggest that the Blues have agreed a £53million deal for Higuain but his brother and agent, Nicolas, has poured cold water on the rumours.

'At the moment we haven't spoken to any other clubs, as we have a three-year contract with Juventus. He is very happy in the city, at the club, with the coach and the tactical system,' he told Sky Sport Italia.

'All these things people talked about other clubs are just rumours, we haven't spoken to anybody. At the moment, he has three years on his contract with Juventus.

'Everyone knows his rapport with Sarri is wonderful and he sees him as a football father, but as far as I know, Sarri hasn't even signed for Chelsea yet. Secondly, Gonzalo is happy in Turin and hasn't received any indication from Juve, so I see no real chance of leaving.'

Higuain's agent refused to rule out rumours that the forward clashed with Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri last season.

'I heard about some argument in the locker room, but there's a code of football, it all stays in the locker room, so he hasn't told me anything,' he said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...