Eden Hazard sends message to Chelsea board over Antonio Conte and transfer signings

Eden Hazard sends message to Chelsea board over Antonio Conte and transfer signings

Eden Hazard admits he is anxious to know who will be in charge of Chelsea next season and which players will be arriving at Stamford Bridge.

Antonio Conte, 48, remains at the helm for the time being but is expected to be sacked before the start of the 2018-19 season.

The former Italy boss won the Premier League title in his first season in England and clinched the FA Cup last month despite his side finishing fifth.

Maurizio Sarri and Laurent Blanc have emerged as the two favourites to take over at Stamford Bridge and Hazard wants clarity about what the future hold for Chelsea.

'At the moment I only focus on the World Cup,' Hazard said at Belgium's pre-World Cup training camp in Brussels.

'We had a bad season with Chelsea. We won the FA Cup at the end - so it was a little bit better but I'm only focused on the World Cup.

'Then I let the board manage Chelsea the best way that they can.'

Asked whether his Chelsea future was linked to who is in charge of the club and the players that are signed this summer, Hazard added: 'Yeah, I want to know.

'I want to know, but like I say I am focused on the World Cup.

'If we have something new - manager or players - it is always good to know it because I want players that can [help bring success back to] Chelsea next season.

'But to be fair the transfer market is not here [in full flow] yet. We will see after.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...