Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos mocks injured Liverpool pair Mohamed Salah and Loris Karius

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos mocks injured Liverpool pair Mohamed Salah and Loris Karius

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos has ridiculed injured Liverpool stars Mohamed Salah and Loris Karius after last month's Champions Leaguefinal in Kiev.

Both Salah and goalkeeper Karius suffered injuries as the Reds were beaten 3-1 in the Ukraine capital in May.

Salah suffered a shoulder injury which forced his withdrawal in the first half after tangling with Ramos, before the Spain international's collision with Karius after the break led to the 'keeper suffering a head injury.

Doctors have since confirmed that the German displayed symptoms of concussion in the aftermath of the final which could have affected his performance.

The incident occurred prior to Karius committing two errors which helped gift Real their third successive European Cup, and 13th Champions League crown in their history.

He first threw the ball against Real striker Karim Benzema, leading to the opening goal, before Jurgen Klopp's side equalised through Sadio Mane.

Gareth Bale struck a remarkable overhead kick to re-establish Real's lead, but Karius later allowed the Welshman's long range effort to slip through his grasp and into the net, to end Liverpool's hopes of a comeback.

Ramos has been subject to scathing condemnation for his role in each of the injuries Liverpool suffered during the game, and the World Cup winner has issued an angry response to his critics.

'Bloody hell, they've given this a lot of attention, the Salah thing ... I didn't want to speak because everything is magnified,' he told AS.

'I see the play well, he grabs my arm first and I fell to the other side, the injury happened to the other arm and they said that I gave him a judo hold.

'After the goalkeeper said that I dazed him with a clash with me I am only missing Firmino saying that he got a cold because a drop of my sweat.'

Though Salah has since been included in the Egypt squad for the World Cup his participation in Russia remains uncertain as he continues to undergo treatment on the problem.

After the clash with Ramos, Salah did briefly attempt to play-on before being replaced by Adam Lallana after 30 minutes.

Ramos has been in constant contact with Salah since the incident but suggests the ex-Chelsea and Roma winger should have played through the pain barrier instead of being substituted.

'I spoke with Salah through messages he was quite good," the 32-year-old added.

'He could have played if he got an injection for the second half, I have done it sometimes but when Ramos does something like this, it sticks a little bit more.

'I don't know if it's because you're at Madrid for so long and win for so long that people look at it a different way.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...